Group lessons are ideal for dogs looking to learn manners and socialize. Our class sizes are small so that each dog gets individualized attention. They run for 45 minutes to an hour at the same time each week for six weeks. The cost of the group class is $125.00 plus tax. Class choices are as follows:
Basic Obedience: This class is for dogs with no previous training. We start right at the beginning with name recognition, and work our way up to commands such as stay, come, leave it, leash walking and more. We work on preventing/solving problem behaviors such as jumping, biting, barking, potty training and crate training. Socialization is a big part of this class as well.
Intermediate Obedience: The Intermediate class is for dogs who graduated the Basic class. We expand on the beginner level commands by adding distraction. They also learn new commands including stand, heel, park it and a few tricks.
Advanced Obedience: This is the last level in the series. This class is preparation for the Canine Good Citizen test and the Therapy Dog International test. The CGC test is optional afterward.
Dog Tricks for Clicks: Teaching dogs complex tricks by using the clicker. They learn: roll over, take a bow, play dead and more!
Class Schedule and Sign up
1. Click on the Calendar tab to see upcoming classes. Closed classes will be labeled as full. Pick the class start date you would like.
2. Fill out a sign up sheet. You can do this over the phone, or by printing one out from the document section.
3. Reserve your spot by contacting Miss Rachel's School for Dogs.
4. Make sure that your pet is current on all vaccinations, including bordetella.
5. Show up to the first class with the dog, sign up form, treats and vaccination records. For more details about what to bring to the first week, download the sign up sheet.